We all know that online gambling is great fun, but sometimes for certain people, things can get too heated, moderation is forgotten and all of a sudden this enjoyable means of entertainment can become a very bad habit with severe consequences.
HappyHugo.com’s management takes responsible gaming extremely seriously and has therefore, created this page to give you all the necessary information which will help you identify the symptoms of compulsive gambling behavior.
All of HappyHugo’s customer support agents are highly trained in identifying compulsive gambling patterns and will do whatever is necessary to assist players in this regard. HappyHugo.com also performs a variety of checks to eliminate the possibility of gambling from individuals under legal age. The registration of dishonest or inaccurate information about a player’s age will result in any winnings being forfeit and may also lead to civil and/or criminal prosecution. In order to prevent the site being accessed by children/minors we recommend that players install and use website filtering software on their computers/devices. This will provide the ability to control or block the displayed content, set up passwords and prevent www.happyhugo.com from being accessed by underage persons.
Online gambling entertainment can become addictive and lead to very harsh life changing consequences. We have listed below, some questions about the main symptoms of compulsive gambling behaviour. If you or a close relative/friend are experiencing at least one of the below mentioned symptoms, action should be taken immediately to avoid further consequences and seek the necessary and available help as soon as possible.
• Do you gamble alone for long periods?
• Do you gamble right until your last cent?
• Have you lost interest in social interaction with family and friends or no longer practice other pastimes due to gambling?
• Do you use gambling as a means of escape from frustration, disappointments, arguments or boredom?
• When experiencing gambling losses, do you feel like you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
• Have others ever criticized your gambling?
• Have you ever lied to cover up the amount you have gambled or time you have spent doing it?
• Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
• Are you reluctant to spend ‘gambling money’ on anything else?
• When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
• Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
• Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
There are many organisations that can provide support and assistance to individuals who develop compulsive gambling problems. HappyHugo.com Management encourages the use of these self-help organisations in case of gambling addiction. Below are the links of the main organisations: